19 Dec How to link NIN to phone number – All Networks
How to link NIN to phone number – All Networks
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has directed telecommunications operators in the country to block all SIM cards not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN) within 2 weeks with a deadline of 31st December, 2020.
Below are the method to achieve these easily with all network providers in Nigeria.
dial *785# free of charge and following the prompts.
Submit your NIN to MTN on the MyMTN app.
To achieve these Follow these Steps:
- Open the MyMTN App on your mobile devices and look for the banner showing the NIN advertisement.
- Click on it
- Fill in the Information like you first name, Last name, and middle name
- Add the MTN phone number that you intend to link with your NIN
- Type your NIN
Enter your email address
- You will get an OTP code sent to the line, enter the code
- Click on submitMethod 3
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim from any browser and fill all information as required.
2. How to add NIN to Airtel Network.
You should follow the following steps below to link your NIN with Airtel phone number:
- Dial *121*1# on the Airtel line
- Type in 1 for “NIN Capture” and Send/Submit.
- Type in your 11-digit NIN and Send/Submit.
Go to https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin with browser and follow all the instructions and fill out information accordingly.
3. HOw to Update NIN for 9Mobile Users
Dial *3461# on a phone with your 9mobile line/sim and following the all the prompts given.
GO to https://nin.9mobile.com.ng/ and follow the all the prompts.
4. How to Update NIN for GLO Users
- Send/SMS “UPDATENIN YourNIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.
E.g “UPDATENIN 12345678901 FirstName and LastName” to 109
You can also visit https://www.gloworld.com/ng/nin/ and fill in you r correct information there
How to get your NIN number.
USING USSD code for those that have forgotten their code.
According to https://www3.nimc.gov.ng/sms-service/
To use this service, simply go through the following steps:
- dial *346#
- Select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’, if you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN.
- Follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required inputs.
- NOTE: This service attracts a N20 (tweny naira) fee only (deducted from your phone credit balance).
Look at the 11 digits on your NIN card.
Read about The Role of Influencers in today Digital Marketing